Clint Needham, DM’10, had two orchestral commissions premiered in early April 2011. The first work, Southern Air, was premiered by the Texarkana Symphony and was hailed as a “… nostalgic, beautiful composition that truly captured the spirit on this warm spring day – thick, sultry Southern air …” by Aaron Brand of the Texarkana Gazette. The next work, Inside & Out, was premiered by the Sioux City Symphony and was hailed as “… eclectic, moving, and inspiring … more hopeful than most 21st-century composition …” by Bruce R. Miller of the Sioux City Journal.
- Composers LaRosa, Stang and Recio named winners of 2017 NOTUS contest
- IU ensemble puts on outstanding show for contemporary fans
- Two Alumni Give Successful Performance at the UN
- IU Jacobs Student Paul Mortilla Wins 2016 BMI Student Composer Award
- Matthew Recio and Christopher LaRosa winners of 2016 NOTUS Student Composition Contest