David Thurmaier, Ph.D.’06, music theory, received the Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence Award in April 2012. He is currently assistant professor of music theory and head of academic studies at FGCU.
- Music theorists active at SMT conference
- Renaissance scholar Peter Schubert to visit, offer lectures as part of Five Friends Master Class Series
- Michael McClimon wins award at MTSMA
- The Jacobs School welcomes music theorist Janet Schmalfeldt for residency
- Music Theory Department welcomes Joseph Straus for mini residency, two public lectures