Associate Dean Mary Wennerstrom was on the panel “Tenure and the Musical Scholar: Philosophical and Practical Issues” at the SMT/AMS convention in November. It was sponsored by the SMT Professional Development Committee, the AMS Committee on Membership and Professional Development, and Scholars for Social Responsibility. The panel also included Patrick McCreless, Cristle Collins Judd, Karen A. Faaborg, and Don Randel.
- Eric Isaacson recognized for work on behalf of students with disabilities
- Music theorists active at SMT conference
- Renaissance scholar Peter Schubert to visit, offer lectures as part of Five Friends Master Class Series
- Michael McClimon wins award at MTSMA
- The Jacobs School welcomes music theorist Janet Schmalfeldt for residency