Associate Dean Mary Wennerstrom was on the panel “Tenure and the Musical Scholar: Philosophical and Practical Issues” at the SMT/AMS convention in November. It was sponsored by the SMT Professional Development Committee, the AMS Committee on Membership and Professional Development, and Scholars for Social Responsibility. The panel also included Patrick McCreless, Cristle Collins Judd, Karen A. Faaborg, and Don Randel.
- Renaissance scholar Peter Schubert to visit, offer lectures as part of Five Friends Master Class Series
- Michael McClimon wins award at MTSMA
- The Jacobs School welcomes music theorist Janet Schmalfeldt for residency
- Music Theory Department welcomes Joseph Straus for mini residency, two public lectures
- Faculty and students participate extensively in combined American Musicological Society, Society for Ethnomusicology, and Society for Music Theory Conference