Loving London…

So this has been our third full day here in London. Quite frankly, I don’t want this trip to end. Every day so far has been nothing but pure amazement. As you read in Olivia’s post- yesterday was a day full of geeking out and having mind-blowing musical moments. From touring RCM, meeting faculty/staff, seeing the amazing establishment, to sitting in on Handel’s ‘Riccardo Primo’ rehearsal, seeing/touching the Mozart manuscript (highlight of the day for us), seeing the museum filled with historical instruments, seeing a museum of Stradivari instruments, meeting Simona and Yorgos (such sweet, kind people), seeing The Magic Flute at the Royal Academy, meeting Jane Glover!, meeting Neil Mackie!, and ending the day with some IU bonding time in our rooms; it was more than we could have asked for.

Today was a blast. My parents and grandparents arrived early this morning, and it was so great to see them! I am so lucky to have such a supportive family. We went to school to have some coachings.. I had a great 90 minute coaching with Eiddwen Harrhy. She is wonderful, and it was a pleasure to work with her. Olivia and Michael had a coaching with Baroque ornamentation specialist Jonathan Kenny. After our great coachings, we had a nice dinner at the Greek restaurant ‘Santorini’ with my family. It was really great to catch up with them and relax after a long day. I’m so happy my family is here in London with us! Then we met up with Simon, the aussie tenor at RCM, and watched a game of football at a nearby pub. It was nice meeting him and his friends to discuss the differences between our schools, and our musical experiences. Needless to say, everyone has been really hospitable to us so far, and we feel VERY welcomed.

Tomorrow we are up for another day of coachings, observing opera rehearsals and meeting with more faculty of the RCM school. There’s so much we want to do while here, and every day so far has been filled with wonderful events! We are so blessed and grateful for this opportunity, and are living up every moment of it!

More to come….

Jessica 🙂