Andrew Riley has been selected to participate in the 2013 Aspen Summer Music Festival. Andrew is a junior at the Jacobs School of Music, majoring in Percussion Performance. Riley grew up in Lexington, Kentucky, where he received a background in jazz, classical and marching percussion. Before moving to Bloomington, Andrew was a member of groups such as the Central Kentucky Youth Orchestra and the Kentucky All-State Symphony Orchestra. He has studied with John Tafoya, Kevin Bobo, and Michael Spiro, and has since been a member of various IU ensembles including the Bands and Orchestras and the Percussion, Steel Pan, Brazilian and Afro Cuban Ensembles. In 2012, Andrew performed as a member of The Phantom Regiment Drum Corps.
- Percussion academy helps round out summer concert offerings
- Marco Schirripa awarded first place in Southern California International Marimba Competition
- DM candidate Josh Bowman accepts teaching position at Christopher Newport University
- Marco Schirripa wins First Place in Great Plains International Marimba Competition
- Alumnus Brian Blume appointed as Instructor of Percussion at Southeastern University in Florida