Kyle Acuncius (MM 2010) has recently accepted a position as Artist/Instructor of Percussion at Mahidol University in Bangkok, Thailand and Principal Timpanist in the Thailand Philharmonic Orchestra. The College of Music at Mahidol University is the first music conservatory in Thailand to offer undergraduate and graduate degrees in numerous areas of music. The school includes 120 full time and 100 part time faculty with a support staff of 150. There are approximately 1,200 students, including pre-college, undergraduate, and graduate students.
- MUSIC REVIEW: Percussion Ensemble
- Alumnus Michael Berkowitz (’67, ’71) to Conduct Star-Studded Pops Concert
- Percussionists Alana Wiesing and Erich Rieppel selected as associate members of the Civic Orchestra of Chicago
- Percussion academy helps round out summer concert offerings
- Marco Schirripa awarded first place in Southern California International Marimba Competition