Jacobs School of Music alumnus Michael Mixtacki will be joining the faculty of the Northern Illinois University School of Music for a one-year, full-time appointment as Instructor of Percussion. Michael graduated from IU in 2011 with his Master’s degree in percussion performance. He served as an Associate Instructor in the percussion department and helped co-direct the Afro-Cuban and Brazilian percussion ensembles with Professor Michael Spiro.
- MUSIC REVIEW: Percussion Ensemble
- Alumnus Michael Berkowitz (’67, ’71) to Conduct Star-Studded Pops Concert
- Percussionists Alana Wiesing and Erich Rieppel selected as associate members of the Civic Orchestra of Chicago
- Percussion academy helps round out summer concert offerings
- Marco Schirripa awarded first place in Southern California International Marimba Competition