Marc Geelhoed ’03 manages CSO Resound, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s record label, whose recording of Verdi’s Messa da Requiem earned two Grammys this winter. The album was the CSO’s first with Riccardo Muti, its newest music director, and won Best Classical Album and Best Choral Performance. Recordings by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra have earned 62 Grammy awards. These were the third and fourth Grammys for albums on CSO Resound, which has released 12 recordings since 2007.
- 2013 Austin B. Caswell Award winners
- The Jacobs School welcomes Renaissance musicologist Katelijne Schiltz for residency and a public lecture
- Faculty and students participate extensively in combined American Musicological Society, Society for Ethnomusicology, and Society for Music Theory Conference
- Katherine Baber (B.M. ’03 & D.M. ’11) accepts position at the University of Redlands
- Professor Halina Goldberg opens multi-media exhibit in Poland