Student Update: Natalie Salzman

Debut EP: Ebb & Flow

For the past month, I’ve been recording my debut EP at the legendary FAME recording studios in Muscle Shoals, Alabama. This studio is famous for fostering the careers of the biggest blues and soul artists of the 1960s and 1970s such as Aretha Franklin, Wilson Pickett, Etta James, Percy Sledge, and Clarence Carter. Since then, famous artists such as The Rolling Stones, Lynard Skynard, Simon & Garfunkel, Rod Stewart, Joe Cocker, Bob Seger, Jimmy Cliff, Linda Rondstadt, The Allman Brothers, Willie Nelson, Eric Clapton, and many more have made the pilgrimage to Muscle Shoals to find and hone their sound. I was very fortunate to have the opportunity to record with the original session musicians, who are now legends and rock and roll of fame inductees, that recorded on these iconic albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxUZqqol-uc
I am originally a classically-trained harpist and received my BM under the guidance of Susann McDonald, but have pursued a career in performing and singing blues and country-rock on the harp since graduating last May. I performed all over NYC this past summer, and now am based in Nashville. The debut EP, titled “Ebb & Flow,” will be released this January 5th. There will be a release party and show that evening at the iconic Bitter End in Greenwich Village.

• Facebook
  • Twitter