Bernard Gordillo was recently guest harpsichord soloist with the National Youth Orchestra of Nicaragua, newly minted and debuted as the Ruben Dario Youth Symphony (directed by Ramon Rodriguez), named after the famed Nicaraguan poet and writer. He performed George Frideric Handel’s concerto The Cuckoo and the Nightingale, as well as a suite of Spanish Baroque dances for solo harpsichord to a capacity crowd in the Salon de los Cristales of the National Theater in Managua.
- Music Review Jacobi (HT) ‘VENUS AND ADONIS’ 1681 opera a rarity
- Early Music Institute presents John Blow’s Venus and Adonis, Sat 8pm
- Remembering Washington McClain
- REVIEW: (HT – Peter Jacobi, Classical Orchestra) Musicians perform effective concerts
- REVIEW: (HT) Indianapolis Baroque Orchestra: Saturday concerts bring cheers and applause from the concert-goers