Jacobs School alumna Jeeyoung Kim’s “From My Mother’s Mother” is part of Houston Grand Opera’s “Song of Houston: East + West” series of new chamber operas celebrating Houston as a crossroads of Eastern and Western cultures. HGO engaged New York-based, Korean-American composer, Jeeyoung Kim.
- Music of David Dzubay featured nationally and internationally
- Yie-Eun Chun’s composition “Game of Fives” to be performed by Breakout Ensemble
- Composer Louis Goldford receives national and international premieres
- Grant Luhmann wins 2014 BMI Student Composer Award
- Jacobs alumna Sang Mi Ahn (DM ’14) to have piece “Convergence” performed in Greece