Alumnus Clint Needham was recently a guest at the Lawrence Conservatory of Music in Appleton, WI where the orchestra opened their season with his work, Legacies. He also recently had the premiere of a new work for string quartet and orchestra, Voices, commissioned and premiered by the Hawthorne String Quartet (Boston Symphony members) and the Omaha Symphony on October 27-28 in Omaha, NE.
- Music of David Dzubay featured nationally and internationally
- Yie-Eun Chun’s composition “Game of Fives” to be performed by Breakout Ensemble
- Composer Louis Goldford receives national and international premieres
- Grant Luhmann wins 2014 BMI Student Composer Award
- Jacobs alumna Sang Mi Ahn (DM ’14) to have piece “Convergence” performed in Greece