John Gibson, assistant professor of composition (electronic music), is the guest artist of the Lipa Festival of Contemporary Music at Iowa State University, October 8-9. He is giving several lectures and participating in performances of his “Blue Traces,” for piano and computer; “Red Plumes,” for cello and live electronics; and “Elements,” a video with surround sound made in collaboration with Arthur Liou of the IU School of Fine Arts.
- Music of David Dzubay featured nationally and internationally
- Yie-Eun Chun’s composition “Game of Fives” to be performed by Breakout Ensemble
- Composer Louis Goldford receives national and international premieres
- Grant Luhmann wins 2014 BMI Student Composer Award
- Jacobs alumna Sang Mi Ahn (DM ’14) to have piece “Convergence” performed in Greece