John Gibson, assistant professor of composition (electronic music), is the guest artist of the Lipa Festival of Contemporary Music at Iowa State University, October 8-9. He is giving several lectures and participating in performances of his “Blue Traces,” for piano and computer; “Red Plumes,” for cello and live electronics; and “Elements,” a video with surround sound made in collaboration with Arthur Liou of the IU School of Fine Arts.
- Video game music composition guru Chance Thomas at Jacobs School of Music Feb. 16
- Corey Rubin winner of 2015 NOTUS Student Composition Contest
- Elizabeth Ogonek (BM ’09) Selected by Riccardo Muti as CSO Mead Composer-in-Residence
- Alumnus Elliott Bark wins Korean National Composer Prize
- Andrew Simpson (DM ’95) Composes Score for “The General” to Show at IU Cinema