John Gibson, assistant professor of composition (electronic music), is the guest artist of the Lipa Festival of Contemporary Music at Iowa State University, October 8-9. He is giving several lectures and participating in performances of his “Blue Traces,” for piano and computer; “Red Plumes,” for cello and live electronics; and “Elements,” a video with surround sound made in collaboration with Arthur Liou of the IU School of Fine Arts.
- Jacobs alumna Sang Mi Ahn (DM ’14) to have piece “Convergence” performed in Greece
- Matthew Peterson (MM ’08) Wins 2014 Uppsala Tonsättartävling
- Nicholas Cline (MM ’13) featured composer-in-residence at High Concept Laboratories
- Update from Jacobs alumnus Tim Miller (DM ’13)
- Alumnas Natalie Williams (DM ’12) Appointed as SCI National Student Chapters Coordinator