John Gibson, assistant professor of composition (electronic music), is the guest artist of the Lipa Festival of Contemporary Music at Iowa State University, October 8-9. He is giving several lectures and participating in performances of his “Blue Traces,” for piano and computer; “Red Plumes,” for cello and live electronics; and “Elements,” a video with surround sound made in collaboration with Arthur Liou of the IU School of Fine Arts.
- Works by three Jacobs students presented at SONiC Festival
- Wallinga, Ko (MM ’12), and Grafe (BM ’11) Win 2015 BMI Student Composer Awards
- Festival featuring New Music and Art from Australia
- Video game music composition guru Chance Thomas at Jacobs School of Music Feb. 16
- Corey Rubin winner of 2015 NOTUS Student Composition Contest