John Gibson, assistant professor of composition (electronic music), is the guest artist of the Lipa Festival of Contemporary Music at Iowa State University, October 8-9. He is giving several lectures and participating in performances of his “Blue Traces,” for piano and computer; “Red Plumes,” for cello and live electronics; and “Elements,” a video with surround sound made in collaboration with Arthur Liou of the IU School of Fine Arts.
- IU ensemble puts on outstanding show for contemporary fans
- Two Alumni Give Successful Performance at the UN
- IU Jacobs Student Paul Mortilla Wins 2016 BMI Student Composer Award
- Matthew Recio and Christopher LaRosa winners of 2016 NOTUS Student Composition Contest
- David Dzubay awarded Fromm commission