Matthew Peterson (M.M. ’08) has achieved second place in The American Prize in Composition, professional division, for his orchestra work entitled “Hyperborea.” According to a press release from The American Prize, Peterson was selected from applications from all across the United States. Finalists for The American Prize receive professional adjudication and regional, national and international recognition based on their recorded performances. In addition to written evaluations from judges, winners and runners-up are profiled on The American Prize website, where links will lead to winners’ websites. For more on Peterson, got to www.matthew-peterson.com.
- Music of David Dzubay featured nationally and internationally
- Yie-Eun Chun’s composition “Game of Fives” to be performed by Breakout Ensemble
- Composer Louis Goldford receives national and international premieres
- Grant Luhmann wins 2014 BMI Student Composer Award
- Jacobs alumna Sang Mi Ahn (DM ’14) to have piece “Convergence” performed in Greece