Alumnus Sean Shepherd was featured in The Examiner for his newest composition “Blue Blazes,” a piece that the National Symphony Orchestra premieres this week. This is Shepherd’s third appearance with the orchestra since 2009, when he was one of fifteen composers invited to be part of the CrossCurrents Contemporary Music Week. Read the article.
- Video game music composition guru Chance Thomas at Jacobs School of Music Feb. 16
- Corey Rubin winner of 2015 NOTUS Student Composition Contest
- Elizabeth Ogonek (BM ’09) Selected by Riccardo Muti as CSO Mead Composer-in-Residence
- Alumnus Elliott Bark wins Korean National Composer Prize
- Andrew Simpson (DM ’95) Composes Score for “The General” to Show at IU Cinema