Alumnus Sean Shepherd was featured in The Examiner for his newest composition “Blue Blazes,” a piece that the National Symphony Orchestra premieres this week. This is Shepherd’s third appearance with the orchestra since 2009, when he was one of fifteen composers invited to be part of the CrossCurrents Contemporary Music Week. Read the article.
- Music of David Dzubay featured nationally and internationally
- Yie-Eun Chun’s composition “Game of Fives” to be performed by Breakout Ensemble
- Composer Louis Goldford receives national and international premieres
- Grant Luhmann wins 2014 BMI Student Composer Award
- Jacobs alumna Sang Mi Ahn (DM ’14) to have piece “Convergence” performed in Greece