Four new treatises and six revisions have been added to Thesaurus Musicarum Latinarum (TML).
This addition includes works by the Italian Prosdocimo de’ Beldemandis, the English John Dygon and the German Gallus Dressler.
The following texts are newly added in TML:
- John Dygon, Proportiones practicabiles secundum Gaffurium (16th century)
- Prosdocimo de’ Beldomandi, Plana musica (15th century)
- Prosdocimo de’ Beldomandi, Musica speculativa (15th century)
- Gallus Dressler, Praecepta musicae poëticae (16th century)
The following files have been updated with minor revisions:
- Claudius Le Vol, De modo addiscendi cantum ecclesiasticum unicus tractatus (17th century)
- Giovanni Battista Doni, Fragmentum. Lectori ingenuo (17th century)
- Claude Martin, Elementorum musices practicae (16th century)
- Eucharius Hofman, Doctrina de tonis seu modis musicis (16th century)
- Luca Lossio, Erotemata musicae practicae (16th century)
- Stefan Monetarius, Epitoma utriusque musicae practicae (16th century)
Thanks to the University of Illinois Press for allowing reproduction of the texts edited by Theodor Dumitrescu, Robert Forgács, and Jan Herlinger, and to Magda Dragu, Chelsey Hamm, and Michael McClimon of CHMTL.
As always, we are pleased to receive suggestions, corrections, or questions.