Distinguished Professor Violette Verdy has been invited again to the Paris Opera Ballet, for the months of March and April 2012. The company’s director, Brigitte Lefevre, has invited Verdy as a guest teacher, and the school director, Elisabeth Platel, has invited her to teach, as well as to stage one of her own ballets: Variations on a Theme of Paganini. Verdy originally choreographed the piece for the company of the Paris Opera Ballet in 1979 while she was director there. So, after 30-plus years, the piece will once again come to life on the stage of the Palais Garnier (April 7-13, 2012).
- IU ballet prepares for spring performance
- Spring Ballet Debuts at the Musical Arts Center
- VIOLETTE VERDY AND JEAN-PIERRE BONNEFOUX TO TAPE VIDEO SERIES FOR THE GEORGE BALANCHINE FOUNDATION
- Dancer Patricia McBride, who taught ballet at IU, receives Kennedy Center Honor
- ‘Nutcracker’ sold out performances